MacMillan Tucker & Mackay can help you get compensation following an accident in many ways. You are entitled to benefits from the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia ( ICBC) whether or not you are at fault, but if you are not at fault, we can also help you recover damages from the driver who caused the accident.
If you come to us for a free consultation, we will help you decide whether you should pursue an accident claim. We will also answer your questions about claims, including questions about time limitations, the process of recovering damages and your chances of winning your claim.
Claiming For Damages
Our Surrey, White Rock and Langley injury lawyers can help:
- Gather evidence for your case, useful both in proving fault and in proving the effects of your accident
- Put you in touch with professionals and specialists who can accurately assess your injuries and provide good, timely treatment
- If necessary, hire economists, accountants and other professionals who can help us quantify how much your life will be affected by those injuries
We will try as much as possible to negotiate for a good settlement, as taking a claim to court can be lengthy and expensive. However, if the other side is not willing to give you fair compensation, we will defend your interests in court.
Our lawyers have had extensive experience dealing with the ICBC and personal injury cases of all kinds, from whiplash to serious head injury. We know what we're doing. We will stay in touch with you to answer all of your questions, monitor your progress and provide advice as your situation changes.
MacMillan, Tucker & Mackay will help you pursue a claim for:
- Pain and suffering, loss of amenities and loss of recreational activities
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity if you are disabled
- Loss of housekeeping abilities
- Compensation for relatives who may have cared for you while you were injured (in-trust claims)
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Future cost of care if your doctor believes you will continue to need treatment, help around the house or care for yourself or others
You will not pay us until you have been compensated.
For more information on pursuing an accident claim, contact us at 604-256-6420 for a free consultation. Our office is wheelchair-accessible, and there is ample parking in the rear.